In-house vs. Hosted Exchange Cost Comparison
Powerful ROI paired with Increased Productivity.
As the core of your business communication – and the Thoughtbus 2011 Teamwork Bundle – Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 offers the features and flexibility you’d expect from the industry standard for robust, enterprise-class functionality.
With Thoughtbus Hosting your Microsoft Exchange, you receive fast, secure performance with very large mailboxes, anti-spam/anti-virus protection, Sharepoint and Exchange ActiveSync, so everyone can stay connected on their mobile device.
All backed up by our 365/24/7 Technical Support, and all for a fraction of the cost to host it in-house. (See Comparison Chart Below)
Hosted Exchange versus Exchange In-house
There are many advantages to selecting Hosted Exchange with Thoughtbus.com over an In-house system:
- Eliminate software and infrastructure costs
- Simplify planning with predictable monthly costs
- Minimize start-up costs and implementation time
- Save big on support and customization services
- No additional cost for Hosted Sharepoint and Activesync
The chart below compares what it would cost a 50-person organization to implement and operate Microsoft Exchange Server with Outlook versus using Thoughtbus Hosted Microsoft Exchange service for the first year.
|Managing Microsoft Exchange In House:
||Thoughtbus Hosted Exchange Service:
|Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 license with 50 client access licenses (CALs)
||50 people at $8.95/month/person, for 1 year (1st month free) with 30 GB Space Per User
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with 50 CALs
||Outlook 2010 Licenses
|Outlook 2010 Licenses
||Wireless Device Activesync
|Backup Hardware and Software
|AntiVirus and AntiSpam Software License
||365/24/7 Technical Support
|Consultant Time to Setup and Deploy System - Assuming 120 Hours at $200/hour
|Consultant Time to Manage System – Assuming 5 hrs/week at $125/hour
|Cost of downtime due to server hardware problems and non-fault-tolerant implementation or consultant not available.
Selecting Microsoft Exchange for enterprise messaging is a wise decision, but the choice of how to host and manage your critical business email and collaboration systems is of equal importance.
Choosing a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner like Thoughtbus as your hosted Exchange provider ensures your business receives world-class stability, security and scalability along with a robust corporate communications ecosystem. The Thoughtbus offering includes benefits such as:
- Guaranteed availability with 24/7 monitoring of server systems and a 99.99% Service Level Agreement
- Built and maintained by deeply knowledgeable Microsoft Exchange experts
- Includes Ultimate Anti-Spam Protection with 97% spam detection coupled with the industry's lowest false positive levels
- Multi-tier Anti-Virus Protection including 6 anti-virus engines
- Available BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5, and Exchange ActiveSync synchronization of other wireless devices
- Available Email Archiving, optionally with enhanced NASD, SEC and SOX compliance and continuity protection
- Tier 3 hosting provides greater security, reliability, and availability
- Low monthly price
- Free Resource Mailboxes
- Free 24/7 North American based Support
- Enterprise-class hosting
- Industry-leading 25 GB + disk space
- Premium Administration Console
More Information about Thoughtbus Features & Benefits
Thoughtbus is committed to making secure, efficient Microsoft services as affordable as possible, especially when compared feature to feature with other hosted Exchange providers.