Hosted Lync Server
Introducing a better way to connect and collaborate
Workplaces are changing. Teams are more distributed. People need productivity tools that enable them to work from virtually anywhere. Thoughtbus now gives you the power of Microsoft Lync to bring together instant messaging (IM) and group chat with audio, video, and web conferencing that you can access from almost anywhere, including your computer, browser and mobile phone. More effectively connect your employees with each other, your customers, and your partners, in real time, from anywhere.
Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010 brings together the different ways people communicate in a single intuitive interface that is directly accessible from Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft SharePoint®. By adding Microsoft Lync to your Thoughtbus hosted exchange service, we can help make connections more efficient, productive, and cost-effective through an integrated and familiar interface.
Thoughtbus offers two versions of Lync, so you can select what works best for your organization:
Lync Professional includes:
Lync Enterprise includes everything in the Lync Professional, plus:
- Desktop Sharing
- Broadcast Powerpoint presentations
Thoughtbus also offers MindLink Anywhere as an add-on to our Lync service. MindLink is a social collaboration platform that works with Lync IM and Groupchat to enable your workforce to engage in social collaboration through any browser and from any platform, including tablets. The intuitive interface empowers organizations to build engaged communities and enable more transparent collaboration. Learn More about MindLink >
Find Who You Need, Fast
- See who’s available at a glance. Reduce downtime with color-coded presence icons that show you whether someone is available, away from their computer, busy, or offline.
- Speed up your search. Presence includes pictures, skill search, and location information to help you find who you’re looking for quickly.
Meet 'Face to Face'
- Easily schedule and join online meetings from Microsoft Outlook® 2010. It takes just one click to change a meeting request to an online meeting, or to join a meeting.
- Make conference calls seem like in-person meetings. Connect with high-resolution video or share applications or your desktop in online meetings.
- Make meetings more productive. Leverage the power and convenience of whiteboarding, polling and Powerpoint presentation broadcasting.
- Extend your meetings to customers and partners. With the web-based meeting attendant, even external participants can join.
Do more with Chat
- Connect in real time. You can turn an IM chat into an audio or video call with the click of a button.
- Leverage the power of Group Chat. Enhance team communication and enable geographically distributed teams to work together efficiently by having groups of users participate in ongoing discussions on topics of shared interest. The history of the conversation is maintained so that teams in different locations and departments can review discussions, even when users are online at different times.
- Share photos, files, and links. Whether you’re chatting with text, audio, or video, you can send files and other information in your IM window.
- Make international conversations easier. With the click of the mouse, translate IM conversations in real time with contacts who speak a different language.
Connect from Office
- Don’t leave your email. By pairing Lync with Thoughtbus hosted email and Outlook 2010, you can see presence icons and initiate chats or calls right from your email message or meeting request. Forget about dial-in numbers and PINs, just click and connect.
- Connect with others from a document or spreadsheet. Lync integrates with Microsoft Office 2010, so you can see presence information and start chatting without leaving your document.
Connect Easily from Anywhere
- Choose how you connect. Lync enables you to connect from anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- Connect externally. You can use Lync to connect with people at other companies, whether they are on Lync or other IM services.
Get a More Social Experience
- Make connecting more fun. Keep up with your coworkers with pictures, activity feeds, and automatic frequent contact lists.